This training course is ideal for young people who want to make a change in their community, region, or nationally but are not sure where to start!
Through this 30 hour course we aim to create instigators of change to help influence issues in their communities and directly improve the lives of themselves and others. Upon completion of the course young people will feel confident and empowered to ‘get out there’ and ‘be the change they want to see in the world’.
This programme has been piloted with young people working around the issue of mental health, and young people working around young carers issues; both groups have reported the benefits of this training and have been successful in influencing local and national policy and services.
What does this training cover?
- An introduction to Political systems – the national picture
- How Your City Works – the local context
- Campaigning tools & techniques
- Public speaking
- Representing Others
- Equality & Diversity
- Research tools & techniques – including peer research, creative consultation, and facilitating interviews and focus groups
- Fundraising & sustainability
- Project planning
- Evaluation & impact assessments
This training programme can be adapted to meet the needs of the young people you wish to work with. We always put this training in the context of the issue young people are focusing on, meaning that by the end of the course they should have a clear campaign action plan. For more information please contact Laura, Participation Coordinator: Email email@example.com or phone 0114 234 8846.