This training programme aims to give young people the skills needed to evaluate services in their local area (or even further afield!).
This programme has been piloted with Sheffield CAMHS, where we worked with young people to implement the Department of Health’s ‘You’re Welcome’ standards. To read more about this piece of work click here.
This training course is flexible and is adapted to suit the needs of the young people and the issue/ service they are evaluating. The training course below has been taken from work we have done around evaluating mental health services, and as such includes specific training around mental health, but this could be adapted to look at other issues, such as sexual health, domestic violence, sexuality, young carers etc.
What does the training cover?
- Mental health awareness
- Participation and involvement
- What are standards, how do we measure and evaluate them? (this aspect of the course is delivered through an interactive pizza making session)
- Breaking down standards and ‘youth proofing’
- Developing evaluation tools and methods
- Research techniques, including designing and facilitating creative consultations, interviews and focus groups
- Report writing
- Forming recommendations
- Public speaking and presentation skills
For more information or to have an informal chat about how this programme can meet the needs of your organisation please contact Laura, Participation Coordinator: Email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0114 234 8846.